Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 16, 2018, 04:19:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Tombstone run date set yet?  (Read 9951 times)

NWVintageAgParts

• My 49 KW
    • View Profile
    • My Website
    • Email
Tombstone run date set yet?
« on: July 07, 2010, 01:43:31 PM »
Just curious if a date had been set yet for the Tombstone run?  And then what it takes to get an invite.

Thanks

Jake
1963 923 Kenworth, 1956 Minneapolis Moline GBD, 1957 John Deere 420U, 1952 Minneapolis Moline UTS

rcowan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Tombstone run date set yet?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 02:00:08 PM »
I haven't heard a date yet. It should be around the end of August, first part of September. In order to get an invite you have to provide a substantial donation to my kids college fund.  ;D Honestly, it's Roger Emmert and my dad's event. I'm sure they will post the date when they decide and everyone with an OLD truck is invited.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 02:02:31 PM by rcowan »

NWVintageAgParts

• My 49 KW
    • View Profile
    • My Website
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 12:23:36 AM »
Sweet.  I just found out there is a large antique tractor auction in Indiana that I would REALLY like to go to and its the first weekend of September.  I sure hope they dont interfere with each other!!

Thanks

Jake
1963 923 Kenworth, 1956 Minneapolis Moline GBD, 1957 John Deere 420U, 1952 Minneapolis Moline UTS

Scott Smith

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2010, 12:26:34 AM »
I am going to appoint John Stewart down in Visalia, CA as the truck snob...If your truck don't sound right to John, you don't get to go!  Better be packin' Straight Stacks (or at least a hollowed-out muffler), a jake brake, fuelled up for some smoke....come-on!!!    8--)

logdogone

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2010, 12:51:39 AM »
 If that's all the criteria that counts then i should qualify on all counts or should that be guilty as charged ;D

rcowan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2010, 02:50:31 PM »
Okay, a date has been decided. September 11th!

Scott-I always appreciate your comments on truck snobbery. For everyone to review the best one is here: http://www.straightstack.com/index.php?topic=11.0 Those are some good guidelines on whether you are invited to join Tombstone Run however Scott hasn't been given the Tombstone Run Sheriff Badge yet so if you tread lightly you might be okay. ;D

If anyone isn't driving but still wants to be involved in helping with getting some of the action on video, let me know.

logdogone

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2010, 11:41:41 PM »
Giving Scott that badge might be ok unless he has a citation book with the justice court listed as his address   then i might think the  JP might not be real impartial! ;D

rcowan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2010, 02:58:17 AM »
My dad called me this evening with a few more details on the Tombstone Run. It is still going to be Sept 11th. We will be staging at a new place this year, Weyerhaeuser's Foster Mill. (For those that don't know, Foster Mill is right across Hwy 20 from the west end of Foster Lake. It's about 2 miles before the scales we have met at previous years.) It will be a bit easier to pull out on the highway there since it's on the correct side of the road and not on a blind corner. We will start staging at 9:15, would like every on there by 9:30, and plan to leave at 10:00. I'm sure I don't have to say this but we need to make sure we are on our best behavior so that we can use the mill again next year.

Also, please post here or call Keith Cowan/Roger Emmert if you plan to attend and the number of people riding with you. Preferably by Sunday (5th) and no later than Wednesday (8th). They are planning on providing lunch again at Hoodoo and need to know how much food to pack.

Thanks everyone! I'm looking forward to it.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 12:01:46 PM by rcowan »

NWVintageAgParts

• My 49 KW
    • View Profile
    • My Website
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2010, 12:31:27 AM »
I talked to your Dad at the show.  He came up and introduced himself to my friend and I.  We are planning on being there for sure.  Bryan with his 58 KW, and me with my 62.  My dad is most likely coming with me.  What can we bring along?  Tools? Food?

Scott Smith

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2010, 12:43:32 AM »
I will be there.  Not sure, but may have a rider.  Doug Beucchiet was puting some new tires on his 55 White-Freightliner and he plans to be there and will likely have a rider.  Nick Stadeli, who rode with me last year, is prepping a 69 Pete to bring and will likely have a rider.  I guess that makes about six mouths.

rcowan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2010, 02:20:24 PM »
NWVintageAgParts-
My dad and Roger Emmert say they have the food covered this year. It's getting to be a bit much for them in my mind but they want to do it. If attendance continues to grow like it has the past couple years, I think we should just put up a donation box or something to help them out. Bring any tools along you think you might need and then hope/pray they stay in the toolbox. :-) So far we haven't had any issues on these runs. I'd like to keep it that way.

logdogone

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2010, 12:58:03 AM »
  i'll be there with the 65 and a rider   actually  gonna make it this year :o

NWVintageAgParts

• My 49 KW
    • View Profile
    • My Website
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2010, 03:25:32 PM »
I agree a donation can or something is in order.  I feel pretty lucky to get to go and dont want anyone to be out anything.  Im planning on throwing on a cooler with water and sodas for anyone who needs something to refresh their thirst. 

My 62 is just about ready.  Need to double check the fluids and im going to try and get a CB in it by Friday night. 

Whats the truck count looking like so far?

marv65

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2010, 06:17:08 PM »
hey guys, new member here, my buddy and i were hoping to maybe bring our trucks down and tag along on the tombstone run?  not sure who exactly i need to talk to,  let me know     thanks

rcowan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2010, 07:27:44 PM »
Well, you really have done about all you need to do. :-) Show up with an OLD truck at Foster mill and you've filled all your duties. My dad (Keith Cowan) or Roger Emmert would be glad to talk to you though. If you need any additional info, PM me and I'll give you their phone numbers.