Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 16, 2018, 04:16:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Frame rail replacement / Oregon/Washington  (Read 15671 times)

kblackav8or

• View Profile
    • Email
Frame rail replacement / Oregon/Washington
« on: April 29, 2010, 02:10:21 PM »
I am thinking of re-railing my truck if I don't buy or trade for something older.  Any of you NW guys have a source for rails up here?  My other option would be to find a set from a T800 or W900 with a squished cab or something and then putting my stuff on it.  I am researching at this point unless a really good deal falls in my lap.  Open to discussion and suggestions. 

Spooky

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Frame rail replacement / Oregon/Washington
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 12:12:37 AM »
Before I sold my W900a parts I was going to put new rails on the chassis I had. I local Peterbilt dealer refered me to a place called B&B Metals in Portland. They quoted me at $1,200 for two un-drilled 27 foot 5/16 steel rails. Their number is (503) 255-8278. If that don't suit your needs you might try Anderson Bros. in Eugene. 

Grant Minor

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 01:41:46 AM »
Are your rails bad Kevin? If you are just looking for solid rails, the aluminum rails under my A-Model parts truck are excellent, and already set up for the right cab and engine. Dunno if stripping them of the current cab and running gear would be worth it to you, but if it was, they're yours. Just a thought....

Another thought- apparently there is a company out of Seattle that will come right to your location and re-rail your truck. A local logger had it done to one of his 359's, cost him about 5K. If you're interested, I can try and find out the name of the outfit.

1040 WreckerMan

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 11:12:20 PM »
For just the rails themselves you can get them right from PACAR, Capital Industries builds a lot of frame chanels, Foster Frame and Axle used to sell rails and re-rail trucks and so does American Frame and Axle - these are all in western Wa.

You can order undrilled rails from nearly any good steel outfit. Just tell 'em the demensions and what strength rail you need (how many RBM). I've re-railed and/or stretched/shortened trucks with both un-drilled and drilled rails. If you don't have a good mag drill on a steel frame it's worth the money to buy them pre-drilled for your truck.

I know your truck has aluminum rails, but KW should be able to get steel rails with teh correct pattern in them with a little work. But you'd have to find a parts guy who is willing to spend a few minuets working on it.

kblackav8or

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010, 12:49:22 PM »
If I decide to do it wanna help?   ;D

peterbiltcrazy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 11:54:28 PM »
Hey Grant. who is the company out of seattle who will come re rail trucks on site. sounds like something I would be interested in. I have a 83 peterbilt 359 with a corroded aluminum frame. Thanks   

Grant Minor

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2013, 01:07:28 AM »
I don't know the name of the outfit, but next time I run into the guy that had it done, I'll get the information from him.

Nick Stadeli

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2013, 05:49:33 PM »
I reframed my 359 with a parted out FLD 120 Freightliner they are 3/8 steel frame rails works real nice mine was alum rails that broke on me. Just an idea for you    Nick