Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 18, 2018, 04:54:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: OR: Tombstone Run 2009  (Read 11918 times)

rcowan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
OR: Tombstone Run 2009
« on: May 19, 2009, 08:41:44 PM »
A date has been chosen! August 29th is the date for Tombstone Run 2009. We will be gathering again at the scales at Foster Lake in Sweet Home, OR and heading up the mountain. Last year was a good time and I'm sure this year will be also.

1040 WreckerMan

Re: OR: Tombstone Run 2009
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 09:29:26 PM »
That should be a good time. I didn't get a chance to go but saw a lot of pictures from last year.

rcowan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 03:07:12 PM »
Let's meet at 10:00 at the Foster Lake scales.

rcowan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 01:36:21 PM »
Just a reminder. This is coming up this next Saturday. It should be a good time!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 02:51:31 PM by rcowan »

Scott Smith

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 04:02:37 PM »
It should be quite a time.   I will be there with my 57 Pete.  My buddy, Doug is planning to bring his 55 White-Freightliner, 262, 5" Straight.

Maybe I will bring some of my neighbors in Eugene up so they can hand out pamphlets on watching your carbon footprint, the dangers of smoke and particulate matter in the air, and noise pollution....

Scott

logdogone

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009, 11:40:31 PM »
scott: make sure your neighbors show up on bikes  ;D targets on their shirts would also be a plus

kenny

rcowan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2009, 04:03:54 PM »
I might need to go to Eugene before I head to the Foster Scales, this could be funny.....

I should mention that if you are planning on coming and haven't let Roger or my Dad know, please chime in here. They are planning a BBQ/BS session at the turn around point before heading back. It would be nice if they had a head count to know how much food to pack up. I'll put down Scott and Doug. Logdogone, are you planning on being there?

Also, if there is anybody that would like to go along and get some of this on camera, that would be helpful. I had fun putting together the video last year. This year we are going to have a pretty big group and I think I'll have more trouble getting around the group and to the next spot to set up. If we could have a few more people set up at different points, that would make it much easier. At this point we just have myself and Naegling (on his motorcycle) with cameras.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 04:05:32 PM by rcowan »

rcowan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2009, 12:52:09 PM »
Man, I had fun! Thanks to Roger and my dad for putting this together and providing lunch. Thanks also to everyone that brought out a truck. Saturday night  I reviewed the video and pictures I took that day. Unfortunately, I did this right before I tried to go to sleep. I laid in bed for an hour, everytime I closed my eyes I saw and heard old trucks driving by!  ;D

I'll try putting together another video for this year but it's going to take a bit longer to gather all the video since we had a few more people taping this year.

1040 WreckerMan

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2009, 07:41:18 PM »
Sounds like you guys had a good time. It really sucks working weekends, never get to go to any of the fun stuff.

How many trucks showed up this year?

rcowan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2009, 02:15:32 AM »
Stinkin' work.  ;D

We had 12 trucks this year.

There's always next year......

1040 WreckerMan

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2009, 07:53:13 PM »
I know, if it wasn't for all these bills and people who want my money I'd retire right NOW.

12 trucks isn't a bad turnout at all. Nice group, plus the weather was decent - at least up here it was.

Hopefully I'll have to W900 ready by next years trip.

rcowan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2009, 08:34:14 PM »
Here's a picture of the trucks before we took off

I have a bunch more I will get in the gallery as soon as I can.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 11:52:14 AM by rcowan »

logdogone

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2009, 10:02:01 PM »
 cool  ;D   wish we could have made it.  i had to work but did help my buddy bring home his 49 pete in the afternoon so we can start working on it. so at least the day wasn't a total loss

kenny

rcowan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2009, 04:40:18 PM »
When I get the video together, I'd like to get a DVD to each of the participants that would like one. I will probably have room to throw last year's on too. It should be a good recruiting tool for next year.  ;D

If those of you that are on here you could send me a Personal Message with your mailing address, that would be great. You can send me a PM by clicking on the caption icon below my name on the left side of this posting. That way your address won't be posted on here where anyone can see it. Thanks!

Mike

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2009, 08:36:45 PM »
Hi, Thanks for the update on the video, I would sure like to buy one once you get it done. Thanks again for you guys putting on the run, it was a blast. And tell the ladies thanks for all the great food. Next year it should be a potluck so we can help with the food.          Mike McKay 6225 Old Salem RD. Albany OR. 97321 541-990-3826

When I get the video together, I'd like to get a DVD to each of the participants that would like one. I will probably have room to throw last year's on too. It should be a good recruiting tool for next year.  ;D

If those of you that are on here you could send me a Personal Message with your mailing address, that would be great. You can send me a PM by clicking on the caption icon below my name on the left side of this posting. That way your address won't be posted on here where anyone can see it. Thanks!